Putting activities from Vymo into Salesforce
You can use the activity data from Vymo in your Salesforce instance. The prerequisites are:
- Your company has a Salesforce account
- You link that account with Vymo
The syncing process
Activity information in Vymo flows into the standard modules of Salesforce. For example, calender activities in Vymo are mapped to the standard event module in Salesforce. Vymo activities are synced with Salesforce in real time. The following table shows the mapping.
|Vymo activity||Salesforce module or object|
|LINE WORKS chats||Task|
Activities are mapped from Vymo to Salesforce, not the other way.
The integration can be configured according to your requirements.
- Custom filters for every field, including derived fields.
- Mapping of fields between Vymo and Salesforce.
- Mapping of Vymo modules to Salesforce objects.
- For a module, the rules for selecting activities, including multiple conditions for a rule. Rules in a module follow an
ORsequence. Within a rule, conditions can follow both
- Excluding certain activities from beng synced.
- Syncing of planned activities (only completed activities are synced).
- Syncing of ongoing LINE WORKS chats (only disposed of chats are synced).
Enabling Salesforce sync
To enable Vymo data to move into Salesforce, two steps are needed. One step is done on the Salesforce interface, and the other through the Vymo self serve. The order of these two steps is not important. What's important is both should be done, because the integration doesn't work if either step is not done.
- Create a connected app. See the steps at Configure Basic Connected App Settings.
- Enable the app to exchange data with Vymo by specifying the following information:
- Enable oAuth settings: Select the checkbox
- Callback URLs: On the staging server, this URL is
- oAuth scopes: Select
Access the identity URL service (id, profile, email, address, phone),
Full access (full),
Manage user data via APIs (api),
Manage user data via Web browsers (web), and
Perform requests at any time (refresh_token, offline_access).
- Require Secret for Web Server Flow: Select the checkbox
- Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow: Select the checkbox For complete details, see Enable OAuth Settings for API Integration.
- Specify who can access the connected app by setting the value of the refresh token policy to Refresh token is valid until revoked. For detailed steps, see Manage OAuth Access Policies for a Connected App.
- Share the following details with Vymo, so that the integration can be enabled at Vymo too. Share these details in an encrypted form.
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Salesforce organization ID
- Domain name with the InstanceURL
- Log in to the Vymo web app and click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Integrations. Go to the Salesforce section, and click Enable.
- Click Save. You see a message that the changes are now saved as a draft. Release the changes.
Activity data from Vymo now moves to the Salesforce objects in real time.