Calling with Webex from Vymo
If your company uses Webex for making calls, you can choose to automatically log these calls as activities on the Vymo app. To do so, you must link Webex with the Vymo app.
After the integration is enabled, Webex calls with leads and partners are automatically recorded as an activity in the Vymo app as soon as the call ends.
During the call, you see the names of all participants in the call, even if they're not a lead or a partner listed on the Vymo app. However, at least one of the participants in the call must be a lead or a partner, and another participant a Vymo account user.
Enabling the Webex integration
To enable people to connect their Webex account to Vymo:
- Log in to the Vymo web app and click the gear icon :octicons-gear-16: in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Integrations. Go to Webex section and click Enable. Webex is now enabled for your account.
- Click Save. You see a message that the changes are now saved as a draft.
- In the message box, click Go To Release Management so that you can move the changes permanently to the live configuration.
- Click Create a UAT release. Specify the release details and make sure to enter your own email ID because that's where you receive a one-time password (OTP) to continue with the process. Click Proceed.
- Enter the OTP you received in the email, and click Submit. Wait for a while till you see a confirmation message saying the process is complete.
- To see the changes, log out and log in again.
Connecting your Webex account to Vymo
After Webex integration is enabled for your company, connect your Vymo account to your Webex account.
- Tap the Hamburger icon (three horizontal lines near the bottom right) and tap Settings.
- In the Integrated Accounts section, turn on the Webex toggle :material-toggle-switch-outline:. If you don't see this option, it means Webex isn't enabled for your company.
- Follow the on-screen prompts so that the Vymo app to access your Webex calls.
Your Webex account is now connected to your Vymo account, and the Webex calls that you make to leads and partners are recognized as an activity.
Disconnecting your Webex account from Vymo
After your Webex account is connected to your Vymo user ID, it remains connected even after the Vymo app in uninstalled or after you log out of the app. To remove the connection, you must revoke the permissions you granted earlier.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines near the bottom right) and tap Settings.
- In the Integrated Accounts section, turn off the Webex toggle :material-toggle-switch-off-outline:, so that the color changes to grey. Your Webex activities will no longer be synced with Vymo.
Now, Vymo no longer has the permissions that are needed to access your Webex account.
Logging Webex calls as activities
Webex calls are logged as activities as soon as you end the call. You don't have to do anything extra.
To automatically log Webex calls as activities, both the following conditions must be met:
- The person hosting the call has a Vymo user account
- The call is made to at least one person whose name is on the Vymo leads or partners list, or to a person who has a Vymo user account
You can't create or edit Webex calls from the Vymo app. Nor can you change the meeting details after a Webex call has ended. Also, you can't use the large Plus button to log a Webex call as an activity; the logging happens automatically.
You can see the logged calls at these places:
- Lead or partner details page
- List view of your monthly activities on the Hello screen
- Calendar list view
If you are a manager, you can see these activities for your entire team also.