How to create field groups
Do you want the information on forms to be grouped into sections? For example, the information about the leads can be grouped into a section called
Personal information that contains their name, address, and email, and another section called
Other info that contains the notes and remarks that you enter for that person.
Groups work only for the
New state of a record, and not for other states.
- Log in to the web app and click the small gear icon near the top right.
- In Module Settings, click the module where the fields are to be grouped and then click Field Configuration.
- Go to the new state for that module and click Add Section.
- Enter a name for the section. This name is displayed on input forms as the section header, and must be unique for the state.
- Drag fields to the section you created.
- When you are done, click Save at the top right.
If a field you need isn't displayed, see Create input fields.
- Where are fields used?
- In modules. Modules contain records. Two kinds of modules are available: leads and partners. Both kind of modules have states, allocations, and activities, but a partner module doesn't have workflows. This means, records in a partners module remain in the same state that they were created in, but records in a leads module can move through the several states of a workflow, for example, a New state, an In-process state, or a Dropped state. Both kinds have two display versions: one for the web app and another for the phone app.