Specifying the fields for data export
You can specify the export fields for leads, partners, and activities. These fields are used in the files that are downloaded from the lists pages.
You can also specify that data for a custom field be exported. See Exporting data from custom fields.
Before you begin
Enable the export of data. See Enabling the import and export of data.
To configure an export template (show me):
- Log in to the web app.
- Depending on which feature you want to configure the export settings for:
- For a lead or partner module, click Customize > Module Settings. Click the edit icon for the module to specify the export settings for. In the Import-Export section, click Data Exporter.
- For activities, click Customize > Global Settings. In the Settings section, click Activity Data Exporter. All the states and activities configured for that module, and the fields defined for each state, are displayed in the pane to the right.
- Drag the fields from the right pane to the Fields area. You might need to expand each state or activity to see the fields for that state or activity. Keep the following things in mind:
- For leads and partners, if a field is used in more than one state, you can choose to include either one or more or all of those fields because each such field is added as a separate entity. For example, if there are states called New Lead, Met and Converted, and Met and Dropped, and if all these three states have a field called Remarks, you can add any or all of these fields in the Fields section.
- For activities, if a field is used in more than one activity, all of those fields get added. You can't, for example, choose to add a
Schedulefield for an Outgoing Call activity and not add it for a Meeting activity if both these activities have a
Schedulefield. Therefore, what's downloaded is a snapshot of that activity at a particular point in time, and not a state update like it happens for leads or partners.
- For fields defined as custom templates, drag the template.
- If needed, change the display name of the field. This text is used as the header in the downloaded file.
- Add as many fields as needed. Reorder the fields, if needed, by dragging them above or below the other fields you added.
- When done, click Save.
- In the message box, click Go To Release Management so that you can move the changes permanently to the live configuration.
- Click Create a UAT release. Specify the release details and make sure to enter your own email ID because that's where you receive a one-time password (OTP) to continue with the process. Click Proceed.
- Enter the OTP you received in the email, and click Submit. Wait for a while till you see a confirmation message saying the process is complete.
- To see the changes, log out and log in again.
Next time when you download a list for this module or activity, these fields are the ones that are used to populate the data in the downloaded file.
- To download leads data, click the leads module, and click the leads list, and click Download List.
- To download partners data, click the partners module, and click the partners list, and click Download List.
- To download activity data, click Activities > Activity List > Download List.
What to do next
If you added any fields that are a part of a custom template, see Exporting fields from a custom template.
The following video shows the steps to configure an export template.