Changing the date and time settings
Vymo can show you dates and times in your chosen locale or in a format that's configured for your company. The dates and time can be absolute values, such as
Mon, 14 Sep, or relative values, such as
2 mins ago. The settings work throughout the app, except for notifications and standard reports.
The format for displaying dates and time, which includes country-specific formats, can be configured at the global level and are applicable across the entire company. These formats work throughout the mobile and web app, except for notification messages and custom reports. The formats show absolute values (for example,
Dec 31 2020) or relative (for example,
Your choice of locale determines the formats that you can use for a company. The dates and time follow only one time zone, which is the time zone configured for that company at the global level. The locale can't be changed at the device level.
If a locale has already been configured, the date and time formats are picked automatically from the defaults. To override the defaults, use self serve.
TL;DR version is in this video.
For the formats and display rules, see Date-time formats, codes, display rules.
Don't create a custom date-time format. Use only the codes tabulated at Date-time formats, codes, display rules.
- Go to Customize > Global Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings and click JSON Configurations.
- Locate the
i18nConfigarray and expand to locate the
- Specify the formats for the
dateTimeFormatobject. For JSON code examples, see the page for that locale (listed towards the end of this page).
- When done, click Save. You see a message that the changes are now placed in a Draft condition.
- In the message box, click Go To Release Management so that you can move the changes permanently to the live configuration.
- Click Create a UAT release. Specify the release details and make sure to enter your own email ID because that's where you receive a one-time password (OTP) to continue with the process. Click Proceed.
- Enter the OTP you received in the email, and click Submit. Wait for a while till you see a confirmation message saying the process is complete.
- To see the changes, log out and log in again.
- Date-time formats, codes, display rules
- Date and time formats for the en-IN locale
- Date and time formats for the ja-JP locale
- Date and time formats for the vi-VN locale