Goals can be an important part of any company. They provide people with something tangible to work towards and be measured against. Goals can also be used for compensation or bonuses.
In the Vymo app, goals are set for you and your team. You specify the goals, and decide the metric or logic to use for automatically calculating the numbers. Goals are tracked in real time, and tell you whether you and your team are doing well (show me).
The goals are automatically color-coded (green, yellow, and red), based on the time left for achieving a target and the unmet target numbers. (show me).
Goals can be of these two types:
- Based on count or number, for example, number of leads won
- Based on currency value, for example, total revenue generated by a team
Goals can also be bundled into groups that mirror your business objectives.
These are the goals that are available by default.
|Leads created||Total leads created|
|Leads converted||Total leads won|
|Leads lost||Total leads lost or dropped|
|Leads open||Total leads still open which are leads that aren't in the lost or won state|
|Lead count in a specific state||Count of leads in any specific state in the lead workflow, such as Closed or Reassigned|
|Total revenue||Total revenue generated by a person or team|
|Activity completed||Total activities or specific activity completed|
|Planned activity||Count of planned activities|
Additionally, you can define custom goals to track data that resides outside of the Vymo app (for example, renewal of insurance policies).
To filter the information on the list, use these parameters:
If you're a manager, you can assign goals to yourself or to any person on your team
Team/Self (goal type)
- Date (yesterday, today, tomorrow and select other date)
- Frequency (fortnightly, monthly, annual)
- Progress (at risk, behind, and completed)
- Goal Name
Additionally, you can define custom filters.
Goal types: Team and individual
A goal can apply to either one person or to an entire team, like this:
- Individual goal, which is assigned to one specified person and reckons the achievements of only that person
- Team goal, which is assigned to a manager, and is distributed among everyone who reports to that manager. If managers also hold individual goals, the aggregation includes the manager's goal also (show me).
The following table shows how the assignments work:
|Roles||Team goal||Individual goal|
|Manager||Yes, required||Yes, optional|
Goal types: Internal and external
Internal goals computed through Vymo metrics are tracked in real-time. External goals aren't computed through Vymo metrics and are tracked only when the numbers are uploaded by the administrators. After an administrator updates the goal assignments and achievements, you see a time stamp of the update (show me).
Internal goals go through an automatic, real-time summation. For example, if you have made progress in your goal or if new targets are being added, it reflects immediately in the goal card. Whereas for external goals, data is aggregated and uploaded by the administrators.
The following table shows how the goal summation works:
|Internal goal||External goal|
|Target summation||No, has to be uploaded||No, has to be uploaded|
|Achievement summation||Yes||No, has to be uploaded|
Some questions and answers
- Can I create a goal for myself?
- No. Goals are created and assigned by your company. Only an administrator can create goals.
- Can I see how my team members are performing against their targets?
- Not unless you're their reporting manager. Peers can't see the goals and achievements of each other.
- My achievements are logged outside of the Vymo app. Can I still see the numbers in the app?
- Yes, the administrator can upload these numbers as external achievements, after which you can see the numbers in the Vymo app.
- Can I upload goal data for goals in the past?
- Yes, the administrator can upload goal target and achievement data of goals in the past.
- Can I have goals for partners?
- Not yet.
- Can I change the target value of my goal?
- Targets are set and assigned at the company level. Only administrators can change the values. To do so, they must upload again the file, which should contain the new values for only the Target column.
- Can I remove a goal assigned to me?
- Goals are set and assigned at the company level. Only administrators can remove a goal. To do so, they must again upload the goal assignment file, which should contain the value 'Disabled' for the Status column.
- I am an administrator. Can I change the frequency, start date, or end date of the goal assignment?
- No. To change any value except the target value, first disable that goal, and then create another goal assignment with the required parameters.
- Can I change the names of the goals?
- Yes, through the self serve interface.
- Can I change the order of the goals?
- Yes, through the self serve interface, by a drag-and-drop action.
- Can I create my own goal metrics?
- Only the Engineering team can create goal metrics. You can use these metrics to create goal definitions. The table on this page contains the standard metrics.
The Goals card for managers looks something like this:
If you don't have anyone reporting to you, your card might look something like this:
- Setting up goals
- Assigning goals
- Tracking external achievements
- Goals cards, reports, and dashboards