How to configure lead allocation rules
Defining allocation rules help in automatic allocation of assigning sales people to the leads. Based on these rules, all incoming leads are automatically assigned to the sales representatives whose rules they satisfy. The unallocated leads, if any, are available for manual allocation.
To assign leads using automatic allocation you need to create a rule set, add rules to the rule sets, and define the selection criteria.
If your module uses custom address fields, enable geocoding. See Setting up geocoding.
- Log in to the web app.
- On the left panel, click Customize > Module Settings.
- Click the pencil icon for the lead module for which you're creating the rules.
- Scroll down to Settings and click Allocation Settings.
- In the Rule Sets page, create a rule by selecting a parameter, the condition to evaluate, and the value to evaluate against.
- Add as many rules and rule sets as required. The sequence in which you define the rules and rule sets is the sequence in which the rules are run. The rule sets are evaluated with an IF-ELSE logic. Within a rule set, the rules are evaluated with an AND logic.
- At the top right, click Save.
- In the message box, click Go To Release Management so that you can move the changes permanently to the live configuration.
- Click Create a UAT release. Specify the release details and make sure to enter your own email ID because that's where you receive a one-time password (OTP) to continue with the process. Click Proceed.
- Enter the OTP you received in the email, and click Submit. Wait for a while till you see a confirmation message saying the process is complete.
- To see the changes, log out and log in again.
The changes are saved as a draft. You must release the configuration changes to go live. The settings are applied the next time someone logs in to the app or updates the app.
To see the changes, log out of the app and log in again. You see the leads allocated to the users on Leads > Opportunities List page based on the rule sets defined. If the rules fail to allocate a lead, it's displayed on the list of leads available for manual allocation.
- Allocations: What and How
- Defining the rules for lead-by-lead automatic allocation
- Configuration requirements for allocations